From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 16:57:00 EDT
The following message was received from Peter Howat in Australia, in
response to Jiri Rada's message, with a description of an upcoming Public
Health Association conference in Perth, Australia.  We will all benefit from
exchange of such information and contacts. It is also helpful to have an
e-mail address for more information.  Thanks Peter!
_____________

 The Australian Public Health conference is in Perth, Western Australia from
29 Sept to 2 Oct 1996.
The theme is "Threats to public health: Challenges and opportunities"

There are 9 keynote addresses and about 300 other papers.
The keynote speakers are:
Professor Tony McMichael - Global change and human health
Dr Aileen Plant - Communicable diseases as a threat to public health
Dr Ruth Bonita - The medicalisation of ageing
Dr Robert Beaglehole - PHANZ at the crossroads
Dr Michael Paddon - Retreat from the welfare state
Dr Gillian Durham - The managed market in health
Mr Paul Chadwick - Media ownership as a threat to public health
Professor C Pandav - THe elimination of iodine deficiency disorders
in Asia by the year 2000
Aboriginal speaker - to be announced
Professor D Holman - Responding to the challenge

In addition there are several other associated seminars conducted on
the 28 Sept and 3 Oct, including:
The Australian Epidemiological Association Conference
The Political  Economy of health Workshop
The Womens Health Workshop
An Environmental - Aboriginal health Workshop
Reproductive Health meeting
Record linkage Workshop
Cancer Registries Wokshop

Enquiries about these should be directed to
The secretariat
GPO Box 2204
Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
Phone  61-6-285-2373; FAX 61-6-282-5438
E-Mail [log in to unmask]

Peter Howat
Conference convenor

______________________________________
Kia Ora from Aotearoa, Wellington, New Zealand.

I am working on a huge evidence-based health promotion project.

.... and I have been trying desperately to find a schedule of health
promotion CONFERENCES in Europe.
I would greatly appreciate dates and contacts for he prom conferences -
anywhere, anytime ...
I am very interested in the evaluation
of he prom effectiveness, evidence-based health promotion and ethnic health
issues.

Jiri Rada
Senior Lecturer - Department of Public Health