From:
Carrie Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 13:00:06 -0400
Hi! My name is Carrie, I subscribed to the list during the summer to see
what it was like and now I'm ready to state my case :)
I'm a senior Honors student at Canisius College in Buffalo, New York.  As
part of the Honors Program, I have to write a thesis on any topic of my
choice.  I chose to discover Twain's progression to cynicism.  My topic
is very general right now, but I was curious what all of you suggest for
sources.  I'm basing my research on his Autobiography and I hope to be
able to study the long periods between his works to see what may have
caused his cynicism.
If that's not clear enough for you all, let me know, I need to have a
precise topic in a month and I'm just looking for sources to make it more
specific.
I can tell you're all very well-versed on Twain and I hope that this will
be an excellent way for me to get the best information.
Thank you!!