Sender:
"Health Promotion on the Internet (Discussion)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Judy Quail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 08:11:25 -0800
Hi Marie,    You said alot and very concisely in your comments but can you
elaborate a little bit more on this?  Specifically the time and career
commitment aspect and also a little more about the fluid boundaries.  I
guess I'd like to know a little more how you found the fluid boundaries
affected you and also what effects the new understandings had on your
interactions, relationships, whatever.

> While we went into the project with
>experience in working with these communities, we found that
>PAR challenged our understandings of each other's experience
>of power and reality, each other's disciplines and lexicons
>(researchers and nurses), and our relationships with our own
>(hierarchically structured) employing organizations.
> While PAR is exciting, we learned that it has to be approached
>with an understanding of the time and career commitment that
>goes beyond the project itself. That is, PAR projects have
>fluid boundaries.

Thanks.

Judi Quail <[log in to unmask]>