Sender:
From:
Oconnor Debra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:02:57 +1000
Hi Zhong TAO,

A good basic book to start with is Nancy Milio's "Engines of empowerment :
using information technology to create healthy communities and challenge
public policy " (1996)   There are dozen's of other web sites.  Good ones
to look at in Australia are:
 www.GPCG.org/,
www.CHF.org.au ( this is a health consumer web site with a recently
completed report on consumers and eheatlh)
and the website of the Health Informatics Society of Australia. All of
these have a number of reports etc .

It also depends on whether you want to look at the the impact on consumers
and communities; organisational change; professional change or the
relationship between all three.

cheers
Debra O'Connor

At 15:03 06/09/2001 +1000, you wrote:
>Hello, friends here,
>
>I'm just interested in the topic on health information technology and
management, and preparing to write an essay about it. But I really know
little about this area, especially how the Information Technology is
influencing the health management and is applied into the use of it.

>Wish some of you happen to know prefessional materials somewhere and could
guide me to there. Thanks!

>Best wishes,
>
>Zhong TAO
>Sydney?Australia