Sender:
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:23:27 +0800
From:
"Sok Han Leong (z3035500)" <[log in to unmask]>
One of the serious pathway for HIV infection in China is that they are not using disposal sterile material for donation of blood (especially in the poor and undeveloped counties).  The blood collectors centrifuge whole blood and collect plasma only, then red cells will be re-injected to donors.  However, they will use the same material for collecting another donor's blood and re-injecting plasma back to donor's body.  All can imagine how serious people are infected.  Poor farmers even don't know what has happened and what kind of disease that they have got before they die.

Sok Han Leong
Student of Master of Public Health
University of New South Wales
Australia