Sender:
From:
Mark Midbon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 09:06:14 -0700
Right after I sent my thank-you note to this list, two of you posted
messages about national organizations.

Yes, there are national organizations involved in the drive against
"Huck Finn" in Tempe.  I mentioned the NAACP in my original message
on 7/22.  I see in the Arizona Republic for 5/27 that the Nation of
Islam and the Urban League are also opposing the novel.

In all the news coverage about the picketing and the complaint to the
US Dept. of Education, only one Tempe parent has ever been mentioned
as being involved.

Mark Midbon