Sender:
From:
PETER MESSENT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 17:33:23 +0000
I have just edited a Mark Twain special issue in a  small British
Journal called Overhere: Reviews in American Studies (vol 15, Parts
1&2). In fact only the first 78 pages (of 235) are on Twain, with
short articles by Lou Budd, Everett Emerson and Jennifer Rafferty on
Connecticut Yankee, on Gender in Twain by John Cooley and Laura
Skandera-Trombley, and on Imperialism by Jim Zwick. Plus a book
review of Skandera-Trombley and Camfield's recent books. Other
articles are on Southern photography, baaseball, Sentimentalist
Cultural Studies, Joyce Carol Oates, interview with Jerome Charyn
etc. If anyone wants a copy (I'm afraid it is on the expensive side
as it's a double issue), send a personal cheque for $15 to John
Cooley, English Dept, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo,
Michigan 49008-5092. He's been good enough to act as American go
between. I'll then send you a copy. Cheers
Also can anyone help me trace a photo of Twain taken by E.O.Hopper
in England probably around 1904. I'm looking for a copy (in any
book..?). Thanks
Pete Messent (Nottingham University)