Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 15:18:36 -0400
The Nigey Lennon essay utilized sensationalism in its title in an effort to
garner public attention to sell a few of her own books. Her husband Lionel
Rolfe sent me his personal comments as follows:

"Yes, as a freelance writer without an academic berth, Nigey is indeed
hoping
to sell a few copies of her own book.....The UC Press puts out some journals
which dismissed her book as nothing but 'popular literature' -- oh dear, how
terrible -- and natch that pissed her off."

Reads like an ax-grinding publicity stunt to me.

Barb