From:
Charles Crow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 16:47:43 -0500
Let's go back to the beginning of this string.  A scholar asked for
suggestions for reading on a specific topic.  I responded with a summary of
a recent work which seemed relevant, without necessarily endorsing it.
Does anyone question the accuracy of my summary?  Does anyone have anything
else useful to say in response to the orginal request?  No?  I thought not.

I'd like to get off this, since the "discourse community" this forum has
most resembled in the last two days is a high-school study hall.

Charles Crow