From:
Myron Gershenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 1995 17:21:57 -0700
While I have little experience with profanity, eloquent or otherwise,
strikes me that profanity is a marvelous way of clearly expressing
displeasure.  While I am sure that MT was indeed eloquent in his
utterances on paper, that would probably have been after a number of
rewrites.  Somehow, I have the feeling that were MT to strike a smart
blow to one of his digits with a hammer one fine day, the profanity,
while not particularly eloquent perhaps, would express exactly how he
felt about the occurance.  I have a small supply of most profane
expressions of the lowest sort that supply a great measure of comfort
at such times.  Thanks.  Myron Gershenson