From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 03:48:57 +0000
At the 20th annual meeting of the Philological Association of the Carolinas
(PAC), there will be a session on Mark Twain entitled "Mark Twain in the 90s"
that was organized on the Mark Twain Forum, with all the presenters being
forum members.

PAC will meet at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (just south of
Charlotte, NC) Thursday, March 14-Saturday, March 16.  Our session will meet
from 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. on Friday, March 15.  Here's the line-up:

"Twain, Zola, and the Writer in Public Discourse"
        Terry Oggel, Virginia Commonwealth University
"The Influential Mr. Blank"
        Mirain Shillingsburg, Mississippi State University
"Olivia Clemens' Influence Reconsidered"
        Barbara W. Taylor, Cornell University Law Library"

If you're in the area, I hope you can come.  For registration, ($25
pre-registration and $10 annual membership):

Cynthia Ho
Department of Literature and Language
UNC-Asheville
Asheville, NC

The accomodations are at the Hampton Inn, Rock Hill.  I'll be playing and
singing (original singer-songwriter guitar stuff) at a coffeehouse following
Friday night's banquet.  Hope to see some Mark Twain forum members there!