Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 10:24:33 -0600
In regard to this question that I posted to the Forum, I'm also trying to
identify the T. Williams mentioned in the letters exchanged between SLC and
Fred Hall that appear in _Letters to His Publishers_.  Williams is quoted as
saying he considered LAL "the work of his life" and would undertake the sales
of the LAL.  Evidently he did.  Webster Co. ended up owing him $10,000 when
they bellied up.

While it is highly unlikely that T. Williams would be True W. Williams (whose
chronology I'm currently reconstructing), I'd like to eliminate that possiblity.
I have examined volumes of LAL since posting the original Forum query.  They
don't contain illustrations.  However, they do contain portrait type sketches
of the authors whose work appears in the LAL volumes.

Any ideas who this T. Williams may be been?

Barb