From:
gill davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 16:30:12 GMT
MIND in Camden is a local independent mental health charity affiliated to
Mind (National Association for Mental Health) and is responsible for its own
funding arrangements.  We are a membership organisation and provide over 20
different services and activities for people living or working in the London
Borough of Camden.  These individuals are primarily experiencing but, can
also be involved or connected with, mental health problems and circumstances
of mental distress.

1997 marks the 30th Anniversary of MIND in Camden and to celebrate this we
would like research to be undertaken with a view to publishing the completed
work.  The purpose of the research is to evaluate the development of the
social care market in the London Borough of Camden during the past 30 years
with specific reference to mental health and MIND in Camden's involvement as
a major voluntary care provider in the borough.  Essentially the study
should seek to establish:-

a)      the legal, political and social framework that have governed and
influenced decisions about mental             health care development in the
borough;

b)      possible causes of and rises and falls in mental illness within the
Borough;

c)      the future of mental health care and service provision for voluntary
organisations and, in particular,         MIND in Camden.

Ideally, we are currently looking for a volunteer, with an interest in
mental health, who may be willing to carry out this research on our behalf.
If you are interested or, know of an individual who may be interested, in
conducting this research we would really like to hear from you.  A full
research brief is available and can be sent on request.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, Happy New Year and, hopefully
hear from some of you soon.

Gill Davis
Funding Officer for MIND in Camden to whom donations can always be sent and
will be used towards providing a variety of services and activities for
people with mental health problems.
Barnes House, 9-15 Camden Road, London NW1 9LQ
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Internet:  http://web.ukonline.co.uk/Members/mind.incamden/main.htm
Tel:    0171 911 0456
Fax:    0171 911 0825
Registered charity No.: 292180 - Celebrating 30 years of mental health