From:
Michel O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 08:50:19 -0500
Ron, thanks for proposing such an endeavor. It is like sending a draft of
fresh air in an overstuffy room. I dont know if it has even a chance to
fly, but it is exactly the kind of global initiative we need at this point.
Have you talked to Ilona Kickbusch about it ? She is one of the most astute
strategist I know of at the global level. There was also a recent posting
my Michael Polyani on one listserv or another about major capitalists
fearing about the way capitalism is going and investing in some kind of
civic consciousness fund. Maybe you will find allies for your venture in
originally unseemingly places ? There was also a recent issue (2-3 weeks
ago at most) of one of the leading French magazines (Le nouvel observateur,
or L'Express if I remebre well) in reaction to the Davos meetings in
Switzerland carrying the same type of critiques and identifying leading
capiatlaists worrying about democracy, etc.

Salut.

Une tres bonne journee.

Michel O'Neill, Ph.D.

Professeur titulaire et Codirecteur, Groupe de recherche et d'intervention
en promotion de la sante (GRIPSUL), Ecole des Sciences infirmieres,
4108-J Pavillon Comtois, Universite Laval, Quebec, Qc, Canada, G1K 7P4.
tel: +1-(418)-656-2131 #7431; telecopieur: +1-(418)-656-7747
Courrier electronique: [log in to unmask]

Codirecteur, Centre quebecois collaborateur de l'OMS pour le developpement
de villes et villages en sante / Quebec WHO Collaborating Center for the
development of healthy cities and towns,
2400 D'estimauville, Beauport, Qc, Canada, G1E 7G9.
tel: +1-(418)-666-7000 #461; telecopieur: +1-(418)-666-2776
Courrier electronique:[log in to unmask]