From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:41:59 -0500
Greetings,

   Blake Poland sent a message regarding "America Works", an
organization which I became familiar with in 1993 when I attended the
International Healthy Communities conference in San Francisco.  At that
time I wrote the following report to my colleagues who were engaged in
an employment training program for people on social assistance (under
the now defunct jobsOntario fund, where social service organizations
worked with private sector partners to provide supports, training,
placement and find jobs).  Peter Cove was a popular figure at the
Healthy Communities conference and had had considerable media coverage
already. I will be interested to hear from some of the American
subscribers to CLICK4HP who may be more familiar with this organization
and it's impact on the 'privatization of welfare' and job training.