CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

Canadian Network on Health in International Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 22:57:28 +0800
Dear Sir:

I am writing to you to inquire of information about study in
Canada and doing a cooperative research which would enchance
Chinese people's understanding of Canada.

1. As a visiting scholar,I have already got a fund from Ministry
of Education in China, which can provider Chinese scholars with
the oppertunity to spend a year in Canada.

2. I plan to go to Canada this May and take courses on health
care and social security of Canada. As for the comparative
study , my interests are in the area of
    a. Canadian health care system, including community health,
       health insurance,system operation, policy anlysis.

    b. Canadian social security system, incuding job creation,
       self-employment, training, income benefits,Canada Pension
       Plan.

3.As far as I know, little work has been done in comparative
study btween China and Canada. For instance, eventhough many
Chinese scholars want to know considerable changes of Canadian
health and security system, there are few materials about that.
One Canadian scholar said," to my knowledge there has been no
systematic comparative analysis of Canadian and Chinese social
police development".

4. Of cause, after studying a year in Canada, with some programs'
support, I think it is no problem to invite some scholars to
Beijing to make our research further.

In veiw of this situation, if you could find information about some
programs I could take part in, and if you give me some advice about
comparative study, or send me more information on those professors
interested in comparative study( their email address) in Canadian
university and research institute, I would be very grateful.

Regards,
Ching Miao

Ching Miao, Assoc. Professor   Phone (86-10)64947641
P.O.Box  1924                  Fax   (86-10)64940202
Postcode 100091                [log in to unmask]
Beijing China