From:
Libby Mears <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:47:12 +1000
Julia Greenbaum wrote:

> It's also available on loan from the ARF library.

> Peter: my ability to review all the incoming CLICK4HP messages has been
> spotty, so I missed your original posting but caught Debbie Bang's
> response.  Wanted to draw your attention to a video produced for street
> youth by street youth on drug-related harm reduction. It was the product
> of
> a fascinating participatory research and development project funded by
> the
> Addiction Research Foundation.  The video is entitled:
>
>         SAFER WITH CYPHR: STREET YOUTH TALK ABOUT DRUG USE
> AND
>         HARM REDUCTION
>
> "CYPHR" stands for Concerned Youth Promoting Harm Reduction - a
> name the
> youth came up with for themselves. The video should be available on
> loan
> from regional ARF offices, or can be purchased for a modest
> cost-recovery
> cost from the ARF head office in Toronto (marketting department).
>
> I am in the midst of reviewing data from our qualitative evaluation
> research of the project; and several team members are also working on
> drafting a handbook that might be of assistance to other communities
> seeking to use a similar process with street-involved youth to produce
> peer
> education materials.
>
> ---------------
> Blake D. Poland
> Department of Behavioural Science
> Faculty of Medicine, McMurrich Building
> University of Toronto
> Toronto, Ontario
> Canada   M5S 1A8
>
> tel: 416-978-7542; fax: 416-978-2087
> email: [log in to unmask]
> ---------------
>

> >> We are looking for a source of educational videos/cds for use in the
> >> community/school. Issues such as drug and alcohol awareness,
> suicide,
> >> depression, life skills, abuse, etc. are all in our area of interest.
> >> Any assistance would be appreciated.
> >> =
> >
> >> Peter Jones
> >> North Victoria Healthy Communities Coalition
> >> 705.454.8875
> >> =
In Melbourne, (Australia) we currently producing an interactive CD ROM
for young people for use either within a school environment or for
individual use. It promises to be very exciting and challenging for the
user, and covers the following themes: substance use & misuse; self-image
and positve mental health; relationaships and sexual health and good
physical health. Significant detail will be provided under each of the
four areas. Completion date is scheduled for Sep. 97. For more
information please contact:
Libby Mears
Public Health Branch
Department Of Human Services (Victoria)