Sender:
From:
Mima Cattan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 14:34:20 GMT0BST
The usual apologies for cross-posting!

I have been conducting a review of health promotion interventions
targeting social isolation and loneliness among older people. By
searching the various relevant databases and doing a fairly
wide-ranging hand search of journals and reference lists I have found
approximately 70 interventions relating to this field. To complete
this review I would be very interested to hear from anyone who might
have any further information to share regarding unpublished reports,
"grey literature" etc on interventions targeting social isolation and
loneliness. Also, if anyone would be interested/ can spare the time to
look through my list of intervention studies, in order to identify
possible gaps, I would be very pleased to send the reference list to
you.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Regards,

Mima Cattan.
Mima Cattan, Research Fellow
Dept.of Epidemiology & Public Health The Medical School
University of Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH  UK

Tel 0191 222 7372
Fax 0191 222 8211