From:
"Douglas K. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:04:41 -0500
Hi Gale:

I direct the Southeast Community Research Center in Atlanta, GA. Currently,
we are working on a range of projects that are focused on promoting the
voice and decision making capacity or non-expert communities (community
members) on what have been seen as issues too technical or complex for their
involvement. Our work includes a range of projects, from a collaboration
with marginalized communities in the Alabama Blackbelt to change the rules
and policies governing research and intervention ethics on health, to a
project to put community groups in the leadership of the decision-making
process on strategies to attack and redress health disparities.

I've appreciated your recent contributions to this list. Please contact me
if you want to talk more about community driven problem solving.

Cheers,

Douglas K. Taylor, Director
The Southeast Community Research Center
P.O.Box 5731,  Atlanta, GA 31107
PH: 404.373.6688   MOBILE: 404.394.3263  FAX: 404.373.9080
Building Democracy Through Research