From:
Jean-Marc Dupont <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:17:18 -0400
Hello,

Regarding Bill Swann's recent request on CLICK4HP asking if anyone
had any stats re: percentage of health budget going to health promotion,

I too am quite interested in this.  Anyone aware of similar related
stats,
please let us know where they can be found.

I sat for several years on the board of a Community  Health Centre
in Ottawa, where a couple of years ago we figured the total
operating budget for all (N=56) CHCs across the province equalled less
than 0.5% of the health budget (I believe based on 1995ish figures),
although don't hold me on this.  I believe such information was at the
time obtainable through the Community Health Branch of the Ontario
Ministry of Health.  That may be a place to go..or the Association of
Ontario Health Centres ( http://www.aohc.org/ )..they often look for
such stats as well...

Hope this helps a little. If you hear back anything directly Bill,
could you please post the reply on the listerv.  Thanks.

Regards,

JM Dupont

--
Jean-Marc Dupont <Email: [log in to unmask]>
Principal Consultant - Community Systems Associates

National Contact - Canadian Healthy Communities Network
Web Networks Internet Training Partner
Facilitator - act.kids.ca (Web Networks Newsgroup)

119 York Street, 3rd Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5T4 Canada
Tel: +613.241.8755
Fax: +613.241.8847