From:
Eberhard Wenzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 08:38:05 +1000
On  5 Aug 97 at 22:17, d.raphael wrote:

> In the UK a minister of public health has been appointed. Her job is to
> address inequalities in health.  That IS health promotion.

Well, Dennis, that's the first step. The real thing begins when they actually
do something about those inequalities, i.e. not commissioning the next report
but real political action.

Cheers.

Eberhard Wenzel MA PhD
Griffith University
Australian School of Environmental Studies
Nathan, Qld. 4111
Australia
Tel.: 61-7-3875 7103
Fax:  61-7-3875 7459
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.ens.gu.edu.au/eberhard/welcome.htm

I get my exercise running to the funerals of my friends who exercise.
Barry Gray