Sender:
From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 18:59:23 -0500
Selected Discussions on CLICK4HP List now on WWW

This past week (Nov. 18-27) there was a very interesting discussion in
CLICK4HP on Ontario food banks and confidentiality issues.  As a public
list-serv, this discussion is visible to all subscribers (currently 450
around the world) and is accessible through monthly "logs" at the end of
the month.

There are often discussions like this one, which involve issues which
should be shared with a wider audience and reviewed later in an easily
accessible format.  In an attempt to create a selected and slightly
edited 'archive' of discussions on the CLICK4HP list, I have taken
several of these discussions, edited them and converted them to files
readable on the Internet. Shortly I will add a link to a compilation on
food security discussions.

Currently anyone with Internet access can now access the following
compilations:

"What is Real Health Promotion?"  discussion about the nature and
definition of HP Sept 15 - Oct 5 1996.
http://www.web.net/~stirling/c4hpreal.htm
"Using the Online Environment for Health Promotion" discussion about
technology's impact on the way we work, the structure of our work and
the communities we work with Feb-Mar 97
http://www.web.net/~stirling/hponline.htm
"The Learning Communities Discussion" about what are learning
communities online and in our work - June 97
http://www.web.net/~stirling/c4hplrnc.htm

Note that these compilations are long (14 - 32pages) and are in plain
text in chronological order.

As Sam Lanfranco noted a few days ago, the entire archives of CLICK4HP
will soon be accessible in a 'public folder' off the Ontario Prevention
Clearinghouse web-site, similar to the Ontario Health Promotion E-mail
[OHPE] Bulletin archives which are at
http://community.opc.on.ca/exchange.

For more information contact: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Alison Stirling, health promotion consultant
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
1(800) 263-2846 ext 226 OR (416) 408-2121 ext 226
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Internet: http://www.web.net/~stirling/