Sender:
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 01:16:34 -0800
7bit
From:
JM Dupont <[log in to unmask]>
> I am working with Debbie Bang to create a service (Health Information Express)
> that increases the accessibility of the Consumer Health Information Centre by
> bringing relevant health information to the community.
>
> The primary objectives of the service are to:
>
> . provide health information and community resources in community settings, for
> example, schools, churches, senior centres etc., to individuals who may find
> access difficult
> . develop collaborative partnerships with other community groups and agencies

> Beverley Powell-Vinden
> Project Coordinator, Consumer HEalth
> St. Joseph's Community Health Centre

***RESPONSE***

Some of the provincial Healthy Community networks in Canada have their
own Web site
and you may find their information relevant to your needs. Of course
this depends on
how you broadly define "health information".  In terms of fostering
intersectoral
partnerships however, they are a great place to go for both conceptual
and practical
expertise.

BC's site can be found at: http://www.bchealthycommunities.com/

Ontario's: http://www.opc.on.ca/ohcc/

Quebec's is under construction as is the national site.  I'll announce
their URLs
here when they are available (soon).

Please note you will also also be able to link to numerous Healthy
Community sites from
around the world by accessing the above mentioned sites.

Hope this helps.

JM Dupont

***
Jean-Marc Dupont
Principal Consultant, Community Systems Associates
Web Networks Internet Training Partner
National Contact, Canadian Healthy Communities Network

199 York Street, 3rd Floor
Ottawa, Ontario  K1N 5T4  Canada
Tel:   +613.241.8755
Fax:   +613.241.8847