From:
Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:51:14 +0000
I'm forwarding the following query for Stefan Lindgren who is working
on a Swedish translation.  It's a very interesting topic so I hope
the list, please cc responses to him as well (email address below).
Thanks.

Jim Zwick

----------
Does anybody know anything about censorship of Twain's "A Connecticut
Yankee.."?

In Sweden we have established that all editions after 1916 are
censored. In one edition from 1953 six chapters are missing and in the
1982 edition the description of the terror preceding the French
revolution has been replaced by three ominous dots.

Does anybody know any parallells to this or is this censorship a
purely Swedish invention.

Grateful for any comment.

Stefan Lindgren
translator