Sender:
From:
JOSEPH B MC CULLOUGH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 14:41:17 -0700
While I am not familiar with the qujotation "Truth is more a stranger
than fiction," Twain penned two different maxims closely related, both
which appear at the beginning of Chaper XV in Following the Equator from
"Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar.  You cited the first, and better
known.  The other reads "Truth is stranger than fiction--to some people,
but I am meansurably familiar with it."  The original source for this
particular qote is from Twain's Notebooks, #33, p. 59.

Joe McCullough