Sender:
From:
Sue Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:26:38 -0500
I, personally, never heard the "barkeep" story.  As a young girl I read a
biography of Mark Twain and in that biography, the riverboat story was
credited with why he took that name.  Therefore, that has always been my
belief.

Sue J. Harris
Secretary for Career Development and Fine Arts
Elmira City School District

"Live Life To the Fullest Everyday"