Sender:
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 04:23:35 +0100
Dear Group:
I know the issue of Huck Finn and racism has been discussed innumerable
times so if this is repetitious, ignore it.  When huck lies to the two men
who ask "if he has seen any niggers", maybe not the exact quotation, does
Twain really believe that organized religion considers such a lie a sin?  Is
twain poking fun at organized religion here?  Telling a lie to protect
someone's life would, in my opinion as a catholic, never have been
considered sinful.
What is your opinion on this?
Thank you.
Camy