From:
Mark Coburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 06:48:40 -0600
Help!  Can someone steer me to a good, lively mail list for general
discussions of American literature, particularly of Twain's era?

--The American Literature list, AMLIT-L, seems almost dead.  (Or have I
just sampled it at a dead time?)
--H-AMSTDY is sometimes ok, but the real focus there is American
studies.
--I dropped the H-Net Gilded Age list because it's nothing but meeting
announcements and calls for papers.  Further, the list owner made it
clear to me he likes it that way.

I've found nothing for American equal to the steady good talk on
VICTORIA, where simultaneous lively talk about 3 or 4 authors often
flourishes.

I'm seeking something like VICTORIA for American literature:   A group
where chatter about Dickinson's influence on Frost, the impact of James
and Howells on each other, and some hot exchanges about Frank Norris
might all be going on at once.

Any leads will be appreciated.  If you feel it more appropriate to
respond privately, that's fine.

Thanks,
Mark Coburn