Sender:
From:
NIAAA Promotions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:06:30 -0700
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
periodically publishes the Alcohol Alert, a brief bulletin that
summarizes research findings for health care workers and other
professionals.  On behalf of NIAAA, I am writing to you about the
latest issue of Alcohol Alert, "Alcohol and Sleep," which we believe
will interest you and your colleagues.

Alcohol Alert No. 41 explores the disruptive effects of alcohol
consumption on sleep patterns, breathing disorders during sleep, the
role of sleep disturbances in relapse among abstinent alcoholics, and
more.  For more details please see NIAAA's Alcohol Alert #41- Alcohol
and Sleep at the Institute's web site:
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov

The direct address for Alcohol Alert #40: Alcohol and Sleep is:
http://silk.nih.gov/silk/niaaa1/publication/aa41.htm

Because the Alcohol Alert is in the public domain, it may be
summarized, or reprinted without permission.  Should you decide to
help NIAAA publicize "Alcohol and Sleep" by posting it on a web site,
summarizing it in a newsletter, or using it for a mass mailing, and so
on, please inform me so that I can accurately track the success of our
efforts.

As the lead Federal Agency conducting and supporting research in the
alcohol field, NIAAA is committed to providing information to the
researchers, prevention and treatment professionals, as well as the
general public.  To learn more about NIAAA visit:
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/

Ordering Information:
To order single copies of any Alcohol Alert, or to place yourself on
it's FREE mailing list, fill out the on-line order form:
http://silk.nih.gov/silk/niaaa1/publication/alalerts.htm#online_request

Bulk quantities of this publication are available by writing to:
NIAAA Publication Distribution Center
P.O. Box 10686
Rockville, MD 20849-0686
Cost: FREE

Please feel free to forward this announcement to your  colleagues and
other listservs.

I look forward to your response.  If you have any questions or would
like to discuss other ways to reach your colleagues with this
information please contact me.

Christopher Mohan
Marketing Coordinator
NIAAA's Alcohol Research Collection, Analysis, and Dissemination
(ARCAD) project
1400 Eye Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20005
202-842-7600 X 237