Sender:
From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 20:45:19 -0400
Fred,

I regret that you are having difficulties with the CLICK4HP list.  It is
an unmoderated list, which means that any subscriber can post messages
to the whole list without it passing through an editor.  Liz Rykert and
myself [Alison Stirling] co-facilitate the CLICK4HP list which means
that we sort out delivery and subscription problems that people may
have, we monitor the discussion and offer some direction, focus and
summaries when appropriate and we respond to queries and refer people on
to appropriate locations and people when necessary. The 'calibre of
debate' is dependent upon the people who post messages, and to a lesser
degree, upon the facilitators who can focus and re-direct discussion.

As to "how to unsubscribe" I responded to the message from Detri Brech
by sending him a direct e-mail - and I urged him and all others to
please contact the list facilitators if you have any problems, issues or
concerns with the list.

In early March and again in later March I posted messages on "Tips for
effective use of e-mail lists" with information on managing
subscriptions.  A couple of subscribers have contacted me directly
noting that I had not put in information on how to UNSUBSCRIBE in
addition to postponing and resubscribing, in those messages.  The
information is as follows:

To unsubscribe from this list send an e-mail message to the listserver
address [the place that receives commands]
Leave the subject line blank
In the body of the message type UNSUBscribe CLICK4HP

You should receive a confirmation within ten minutes of having sent that
message.

If you are interested in receiving news, announcements and information
about resources relevant to health promotion in Ontario, from a weekly
e-mailed [moderated and edited] list, then the newly started Ontario
Health Promotion E-mail list may be for you.  This list is being
developed and operated by Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse in
collaboration with the Centre for Health Promotion. It is not the same
as CLICK4HP in that it is not an open discussion venue, it provides
information specific to Ontario residents, and subscribers cannot post
to the whole list.  You may join *and* leave the list at any time by
contacting me <[log in to unmask]> or <[log in to unmask]>.

For ALL CLICK4HP subscribers, I encourage you to contact the
list-facilitators if you have any questions or concerns.
Alison Stirling <[log in to unmask]>
Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>

One last "Tip" - when you want to reach someone directly who has posted
a message in an e-mail list - do NOT use the Reply button to address
your message.  It may look like you are responding directly to that
person - but your message will be distributed to the entire list.  It is
a very easy mistake to make.  So, the best idea is to copy the name and
e-mail address of the person you wish to reach into the address line
(and keep a copy in your personal address book for future reference).

Alison