Sender:
From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:08:25 -0500
Greetings,

Recent postings about forums, workshops and events in the province of
Ontario appearing on this list are reaching only 110 Ontario residents
who are subscribers to CLICK4HP of the 465 subscribers on this list.
However, the same information, and much more in news, job postings,
resources and features, is available on a weekly health promotion email
bulletin that is going out to 400 Ontario residents - the Ontario Health
Promotion Email Bulletin (OHPE). Messages about Ontario health promotion
related events and activities would be more appropriate on OHPE than on
this list, which is discussion oriented.

I encourage readers who are interested specifically in news and
announcements related to health promotion in Ontario to consider
subscribing to the OHPE Bulletin, or to looking at the Archives and
contents listings of the OHPE Bulletin. Information about the list can
be found at: http://www.web.net/~stirling/ohpeflyr.htm and the Archives
are accessible in two formats (along with CLICK4HP).

The Archives of the OHPE Bulletins [and CLICK4HP] can be viewed on the
Internet at:
 http://community.opc.on.ca/exchange These folders can be seen through a
JAVA enabled browser, that is Navigator 2.2 or
better or Internet Explorer 3.0 or better. The page that appears,
presents the opportunity to 'Click here to browse Public
Folders.' The public access, anonymous link will take the browser to the
folder with a selection of either CLICK4HP or OHPE.
       The Ontario Health Promotion E-Mail Bulletin can also be viewed
through a regular newsreader. No java frame is required.
ti
Note that the long name of the bulletin results in the last character n
dropping off. Copy the URLs exactly.

I hope that we can continue the stimulating and thoughtful discussion on
inequalities in health, and the role of health promoters as took place
last week on CLICK4HP. The issues raised have no geographical
boundaries, although our experiences in Ontario in the past two years
have certainly heightened the need for a place to discuss with each
other what is happening in the field and beyond, and our part in it.
CLICK4HP is a valuable venue for this discussion, a "civic forum" for us
to debate the local and global issues of health and social policy, of
problem-solving and of finding hopes for the future.

Can we pick up on Theresa Schumilas' comments last week [Tues. Dec 2] ?
She noted:
>I'm wondering if we can advance this discussion (because its a fun one
to follow) by framing the issue beyond the Ontario context....
> I'm interested in hearing from communities of people who have resisted
colonialism in the past (aboriginal peoples around the globe being good
examples I'd say) I think you might have some helpful advice to those of
us trying to build conversations of resistance to this new agenda.

Let's keep the discussion going,

Alison
Alison Stirling, co-facilitator CLICK4HP
health promotion consultant
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Internet: http://www.web.net/~stirling/