From:
Sherrie Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:56:19 -0400
Hello all,

More on the Ontario pregnancy benefit.  I am sorry for the Ontario focus,
maybe we can look at the issue of politics driving health policy and people
could share what is happening else where.  It seems in Ontario we are
seeing a radical shift away from public policy for public good and instead
public policy for political gain.  I think the recent proposal for the
removal of the nicotine patch and gum from consumer's hands in Ontario is a
hard one to understand as well.  How do we get health, economic and social
policy to be driven by evidence?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sherrie Tingley
Barrie Action Committee for Women