From:
Sherrie Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 16:09:00 -0400
On Health Promotion on the Internet, Sandra Smith, MPH,
CHES[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:

Hello Sandra,

> Marie - find a newsletter feature on domestic violence in pregnancy
> and prevention strategies at http://www.PrenatalEd.com/newsv2n4.htm
> SS

What an excellent resource!  A couple comments, it is more about addressing
violence then preventing, I wondered about this statement and if this is
supported in the literature:

"For some men pregnancy represents a loss of control and power over the
woman and leads to the initiation or escalation of violence. "

The Ontario Women's Directorate coordinated some strategies to address
violence against women in all sectors (health, education, justice, and
police) between 1991 and 1995, I seem to recall that they had a resource
centre and when they funded a group demanded that they give OWD 10 copies
of any resources produced.

Hope this helps,

--
Sherrie Tingley