From:
Michael Goodstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:28:00 -0500
Can you help?

A number of our MHSc Health Promotion students are looking for placement
opportunities where they can complete a 12-week full-time (or
equivalent) placement at the end of their first year in our MHSc
Program.

Our students' practicum can take place in any setting and can deal with
any social or health-related issue. This placement usually occurs in May
through July, though some students spread their 12 weeks out over a
longer period of time.

Students usually require remuneration for their practicum, to help with
the costs of their education--the current university guideline for this
compensation is $6,500.

Our students come with a wide range of interests and experience. They
are now looking for an opportunity to expand their hands-on experience
of health promotion in practice--though most of them come with previous
practical experience in the field of health promotion.

In addition to benefiting from their practicum experience with your
organization, our students are in a position to make a significant
contribution to your organization. If you are able to provide a
practicum placement for one of our students, I know you will not be
disappointed.

If you think you might be able to help, I would be happy to e-mail you
more information about our practicum program, its expectations,
planning, and evaluation.

Many thanks for your help.

Michael Goodstadt Ph.D.
Associate Director