From:
Jenna van Draanen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2014 09:59:24 -0700
<<APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING>>

Hello CLICK4HP listserve,

I think many of you will be interested in the conference below:

I would like to personally invite you to attend the *2014 15th
International Congress of the Basic Income Earth Network*. The congress
title is "*Re-democratizing the Economy.*" See our congress site at:
http://biencanada.ca/congress/

It will occur:
*Friday June 27th to Sunday June 29th, 2014, at the*
*McGill Faculty of Law, Montreal, Quebec*

There will also be a *Preconference Workshop Day on Thursday June 26th,
2014. *This day is optional and is also the 13th annual North American
Basic Income Guarantee (NABIG) Congress.

*Registration *for the congress can occur through a Pal Pay payment or
through Eventbrite linked from the congress page below.
http://biencanada.ca/congress/registration

 *The Congress Schedule* and sessions can be viewed at:

http://biencanada.ca/congress/congress-program

The theme of the congress intends to address the recent global economic
crisis, and the dominant austerity response of national and international
governing bodies. Some writers suggest this approach has vastly increased
economic inequality, poverty, financial insecurity and social exclusion
across the globe. Individuals and families in both the developing and
developed world are experiencing tremendous vulnerability and powerlessness
against an economy seemingly spiraling out of control. Many believe the
time has now come to radically rethink our response to the crisis and its
resulting precariousness, and the structural organization of the economic
fabric in our societies.

The 2014 BIEN Congress aims to explore the role a universal and
unconditional basic income could play in re-democratizing our economy.

Best regards,

Jenna

*Jenna van Draanen*

PhD Student