From:
Michael Goodstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:10:19 -0500
The Addiction Research Foundation had a project for working
with the Punjabi community in your area a few years ago.  I
was related to alcohol and violence against women.  The best
person to contact would be Tim Weber at ARF, 416-595-6883.

Let me know if you have any problems

Take care.

Michael

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998 12:38:54 -0500 Catherine Hebb wrote:

> From: Catherine Hebb <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 12:38:54 -0500
> Subject: Re: Punjabi Health Information
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> At 11:31 AM 3/9/98 -0600, you wrote:
> >I am working with the Hamilton-Wentworth Public Health
Department to
> >make health information more available to the Punjabi
community.  We are
> >looking for written,  easy-to-understand Punjabi
language, health
> >information to supplement audiotory tapes that we are
planning to
> >develop.
> >
> >If you are aware of anyone/groups that have or are
developing any
> >written material in Punjabi, we would be delighted if you
could forward
> >their names and numbers or email to us.
> >
> >Thank you very much for your assistance.
> >
> >Debbie Bang
> >Coordinator/Researcher
> >St. Joseph's Community Health Centre
> >Consumer Health Information Centre
> >2757 King Street East
> >Hamilton, Ontario  L8G 5E4
> >(905)  573-7777 ext. 8054
> >(905) 573-4828 FAX
> >web site: www.stjosham.on.ca
> >

> Hi Debbie. My name is Catherine Hebb and I am a Health
Promoter working with
> the Labrador Inuit Health Commission.
>
> When I was working for the Arthritis Society, I was aware
of some
> information pamphlets written in Punjabi. They were
produced by the national
> office in Toronto.
>
> Hope this is useful.
>
> Catherine