From:
Jean-Marc Dupont <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 09:37:56 -0400
Thought some of you may be interested in a recent
conference announcement which relates to Healthy
Communities and students (campuses).

As usual, please excuse the cross-postings.

Thanks Denis, for noticing I forgot to paste the message
in my last posting. My apologies to all.....Monday mornings!

JM Dupont

*******************

We are pleased to invite you to join us for Community-Campus
Partnerships
for Health's 3nd annual conference:

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health:
Leadership for Healthier Communities and Campuses

March 26-30, 1999
Seattle, Washington

Closing keynote speaker: Judith Ramaley, President, University of
Vermont

A Call for Workshops, Posters and Stories will be released in August
1998

The conference will build upon the successes of our 1998 conference
in Pittsburgh, where participants discussed principles and best
practices
for community-campus partnerships that improve student education, civic
responsibility and the overall health of communities.

The 1999 conference will examine the role of leadership and the
leadership
skills needed to fulfill the promise of community-campus partnerships,
healthier communities and healthier campuses.  Leadership will be viewed

from multiple perspectives, including leadership at the community level,

at the institutional level, at the student level, and within government
and philanthropy. Leadership will also be viewed from multiple models,
including those of social change and servant-leadership. Conference
tracks
will enable participants to design a leadership development curriculum
based on their own learning objectives.

Over 500 participants from community, civic, government, philanthropic
and health delivery organizations; and students, faculty, and deans from

health professional schools, colleges and universities are expected to
convene in Seattle for four days of leadership development,
skill-building
workshops, mentoring sessions, poster presentations, community site
visits
and networking.

To be placed on the mailing list for the "Call for Workshops, Posters
and
Stories" (due out in August 1998) or conference registration materials
(due out in January 1999), please fax or email your request to CCPH;
fax:
415/476-4113,email: [log in to unmask]  **If you are a member of CCPH
or
on our general mailing list, you will automatically receive these
materials and do not need to respond to this email**

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health is a non-profit organization
committed to fostering partnerships between communities and educational
institutions that build on each other's strengths and develop their
roles
as change agents for improving health professions education, civic
responsibility and the overall health of communities.  For more
information about CCPH, check out our web site at

http://futurehealth.ucsf.edu/ccph.html