From:
Laura Dai Pra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:11:36 -0400
Karen,

I am trained in Cognitive Behavioral Stress Management Program. Michael H.
Antoni and his staff have been using this method for a few years with gay men
at the University of Miami. I believe they use this method with gay women and
heterosexuals as well.
Half of the program is devoted to teaching specific strategies, such as
assertiveness training, for coping with the stresses of daily life. I think
it's a great approach.
Michael Antoni is professor of psychology and psychiatry at the University of
Miami and an investigator at the Center for the Biopsychosocial Study of AIDS
at the university of Miami School of Medicine.
You could also contact Susan Lutgendorf, professor of Psychology at the
University of Iowa.

At the University "La Sapienza" of Rome, you can contact Luigi Solano
([log in to unmask]) who's been doing research on AIDS prevention for
many years.

Good luck,
Laura Dai Pra

At 10:41 AM 8/27/98 -0600, you wrote:

> I'm looking for information on AIDS prevention especially with hetersexual
> women.  Information on research studies, relevant literature, needs
> assessment tools or ideas and any successful prevention programs welcomed.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Karen Mykietka, B.Ed, M.Sc.(c)
> Centre for Health Promotion Studies
> University of Alberta
> Email: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

Laura Dai Pra
4710 Bethesda Ave. #1212
Bethesda MD 20814
voice/faf: 301-215-7146