From:
Kevin J Bochynski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 09:26:37 -0400
To Mark Twain Forum members:

I am passing along the following message on behalf of the editor of a web
magazine who is seeking comments on _Adventures of Huckleberry Finn_. If you
wish to participate, please respond *directly*  to the sender ( who is not a
Mark Twain Forum member.)

Kevin Bochynski

Administrative note: A "how -to" reminder for members who wish to signoff
Twain-L follows this message. Also, please note that my e-mail address has
been changed to:

--KB

~~~~~~~~
Hi Kevin,

My name is Tim Krause, and I publish "Incorporated Words", a literary
web magazine that provides creative introductions to great literature.
Our June 1st issue will feature an article on Huck Finn, providing a
look at both period reviews and contemporary quotes/thoughts from
readers of today.

I'd like to invite you and your readers of the MT Forum to put in their
two cents worth by emailing me a few sentences about Huck Finn that we
might include in our publication.  The quotes can be scholarly or
outrageously personal, but they should address either Huck Finn or Mark
Twain.  Please respond directly to: [log in to unmask]

Our deadline is May 15th for the June 1st issue.  You can check out our
current edition online at:

http://www.geocities.com/athens/parthenon/9751/

Or email me personally if you have any questions or need any further
information.  My personal email is: [log in to unmask]

Thank you.
--TIM KRAUSE, President
Incorporated Words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark Twain Forum Administrative note: As the spring semester draws to a
close, it is appropriate to post instructions for those who wish to sign off
the list for the summer.

Please note that commands must be sent to the LISTSERV address, not TWAIN-L.

Stopping mail from the Forum

a. Permanently

     Send the command  SIGNOFF TWAIN-L  to:

b. Temporarily

    If you are going away for the summer, and do not want
    your unattended e-mail account to fill up with messages--but you
    still want your name to appear in the list of subscribers.  The
    best method is to send the  SET TWAIN-L NOMAIL  to

    This will tell TWAIN-L to stop sending you Forum postings, but your name
will
    still appear as a subscriber when someone issues the "REVIEW
    TWAIN-L" command.

     This alternative has the advantage that your Twainian colleagues
     will still be able to locate your e-mail address if they want to
     write to you, and--if you are a member of the Mark Twain Circle of
     America--your listing on TWAIN-L will ensure that your e-mail
     address also appears in the periodic directory of members that
     James Leonard publishes in the _Mark Twain Circular_.

     To resume receiving mail from the Forum, send the command "SET
     TWAIN-L MAIL".

      If you need assistance or further information, contact Kevin Bochynski
at: