From:
"d.raphael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 08:35:19 PST
Easter 1999 Update on the Community Quality of Life Project

Since the release of "How to Carry Out a Community Quality of Life Project: A
Manual" over 600 copies of it have been distributed to health departments,
community agencies, individual consultants, and university and college
faculty and students around the world.

The paper "The Community Quality of Life Project: A Health Promotion Approach
to Understanding Communities" which provides the conceptual background and
the methodology of the approach, has been accepted by the journal Health
Promotion International.

Finally, a paper "Towards a Theory of Community Quality of Life: Part I,
Riverdale, Toronto has been prepared. Further information about the manual
and the approach as well as downloadable copies of all of our reports from
two community quality of life studies are available in the "Projects" section
of our web site at http://www.utoronto.ca/qol
"I just received a copy of Dennis Raphael's manual on how to conduct a
quality of  life project. It is notable for its simplicity, brevity, and
useful content. I particularly endorse the use of neighborhood folks to
interview their neighbors in a qualitative way".  Pamela Wev, Portland
Multnomah Progress Board, Portland, Oregon.

"Congratulations for producing a valuable user-friendly manual. No doubt many
community organizations and grass-roots citizens will find it a helpful
resource."  Mary O'Hagan, Health and Community Consultant, Iona Station,
Ontario.

Visit our Web Site for an Overview of ALL of our Quality of Life Projects!
http://www.utoronto.ca/qol

 All children belong to society.
 But obviously society will have to be changed
   in order to make it treat its children better.

       -Halldor Laxness  "The Atom Station"

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Director,
Masters of Health Science Program in Health Promotion
Department of Public Health Sciences
Graduate Department of Community Health
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, Room 101