From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:58:28 -0400
Dear Colleagues:

We are very excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for
the Advanced Certificate in Medical/Health
Informatics program. Please note that this program has not yet been
officially approved by SUNY in Albany, but we expect such approval shortly
and the UB Provost's Office is comfortable with our accepting applications
at this time.

Our interim application process is as follows. Once we have official
approval, we will begin taking applications on-line.

Application requirements:

1) A minimum of a bachelors degree. Two official copies of undergraduate
transcript must be submitted.
2) A personal statement which includes the reasons the student wishes to
enroll and how he or she meets the prerequisites.
3) Two letters of recommendation.
4) For students with degrees from foreign institutions, TOEFL and GRE scores
are required, as is a financial statement.

Interested students should contact Annette Burdett at 645-2141 x1186
([log in to unmask]) for details on how to submit an application.

We have attached the current program and course descriptions. Please pass
this information on to interested students and faculty.

Gary Byrd

Peter Winkelstein