From:
"d.raphael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:52:07 PST
         Congratulations Cathy!

Cathy Crowe, Nursing 1985 Ryerson grad is one of Ryerson's Alumni Award of
Distinction Recipients According to the bio in the Ryerson Magazine :

"Cathy Crowe is a pioneer in the field of "street health," the provision of
clinical care for homeless people. In addition to her work as a nurse
practitioner with an outreach program at the Queen West Community Health
Centre, Crowe co-founded Nurses for Social Responsibility, and helped found
the Toronto Coalition Against Homelessness, an umbrella group of 28
front-line organizations. Politicians and nurses alike have praised her
compassion, advocacy, commitment, and expertise. A frequent guest speaker,
lecturer, and media contact. Crowe has also taught at Ryerson."

Visit our Web Site for an Overview of ALL of our Quality of Life Projects!
http://www.utoronto.ca/qol

 All children belong to society.
 But obviously society will have to be changed
   in order to make it treat its children better.

       -Halldor Laxness  "The Atom Station"

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Director,
Masters of Health Science Program in Health Promotion
Department of Public Health Sciences
Graduate Department of Community Health
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, Room 101