From:
Oconnor Debra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:30:13 +1000
Hi, have a look at the Health Inequalities Research Collaboration  site, an
Australian site,
at http://www.health.gov.au/pubhlth/hirc/index.htm

contact address is:
The HIRC Secretariat
Evaluation and Research Section
National Population Health Planning Branch
Population Health Division
Department of Health and Aged Care
MDP 16
GPO Box 9848
Canberra ACT 2601
Australia

regards
Debra O'Connor

At 15:31 22/08/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello!
>It is great to see courses in economic evaluation becoming more common,
>however, I need some information now to link public health strategies to
>positive outcomes that can save the region money.
>I have been asked by our health region to do a search for cost-effective
>evidence for public health preventive strategies to gain more financial
>support for primary prevention and health promotion.  Specifically for
>health promotion projects that have been less commonly seen as part of the
>role of public health, e.g. early childhood and school support programs for
>high risk families. Isolation and poverty are some of the key issues here.
> I am aware of the following: CPRN and the prevention dividend project and
>growing healthy kids web sites and the publication Investing in Our Children
>and the various home visitation programs such as Hawaii Healthy Start, Olds
>and colleagues and the Ontario Better Beginnings, Better Futures
>Communities... all great.
>Does anyone know of other recent cost effectiveness evidence for PH
>strategies, for example evaluations of advocacy by public health nurses,
>community development, social support or innovative parenting programs.
>
>Marian Tomm Pastore
>Health Planning Coordinator
>Simon Fraser Health Region
>#300 - 4946 Canada Way