From:
Jean Lederer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:15:07 -0700
I'm having a little trouble getting to the right approach on this one ...
Someone has asked for:

"Any studies that talk about whether other investments in a community follow
from government investments in health promotion or other activities (the example
given was CAPC).  In other words, is there any evidence that has been written
down that if a government spends money on some health program, the community
will benefit from other investments that are prompted or encouraged by the
original investment? -- i.e. further investments perhaps by the private sector,
NGOs, or other government levels in the community... "

I've tried Medline and some social sciences databases, as well as looking around
on the internet at health promotion, community development, health policy &
economics, but I'm not finding research which documents the benefits of health
program investments as being other investments. Typically, there are
cost-benefit analyses of particular interventions, programs, etc.

Jean Lederer
Resource Centre Manager, PPHB