From:
Ruth Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:35:53 +1000
Dear Gerard,
Having also worked in Indigenous communities, it seems to me that the poor
"compliance" with western medicine reflects the irrelevance of the western
medical approach and treatment and our lack of education about Indigenous
ways rather than their lack of education. To understand why they appear
"dyslexic" in our culture, one has to attempt to understand theirs.
Ruth Barker
MPH student,
Sydney, Australia.