Sender:
From:
Lawrence Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:00:09 -0700
I think Gregg is being a little too quick to dismiss the possibility of
O'Neill descending fom Twain.  An inventive biographer might have some
evidence of an illegitimate branch of SLC's family tree that leads to
O'Neill; those dalliances with saloon girls might have generated an heir.

O'Neill, or his publicist, might be working on a farce right now--"The
Twainian Claimant."

--Larry Howe