Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2022 00:10:57 +0000
This note updates a small but important detail from my review of volume
II of this landmark Twain study.

At the time of the review, the list price was $95 and copies were being
offered on amazon.com for $45, something noted by Kant Rasmussen a few
days earlier.

As some may know, the publisher of the book, NewSouth, will soon by
absorbed into the University of Georgia Press. UGaP is raising the list
price to $150, and that is now the list price listed at amazon.

As of this moment, copies are still available at amazon.com for $45, and
it is stated that there are only three copies on hand, but more are on
the way. I have no idea if the $45 price will apply to the "more copies
on the way."

The original $95 list price was quite reasonable, and the $150 price is
not out of line for an 1,100 pp. book. But I think I called the amazon
price a bargain. The amazon price of $45 could change at any time (or
stay the same for eternity, I suppose, but I'm not a betting man).

Govern yourselves accordingly! (Being a little hard-of-hearing, the
first time someone ever said this to me, I thought they'd said "Go burn
your elves' accordions, Lee!")

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books