From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2022 15:08:54 -0700
Thank you, Matthew, for the heads-up on Emerson and Melville. Cairo is
an unusual location subject to forces of nature not generally
experienced by American cities.  It's interesting fitting in visits by
such writers with the detailed telling of the town history by Lansden in
1910.

--
/Unaffiliated Geographer and Twain aficionado/