From:
Jules A Hojnowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 15:12:26 -0500
>Tim,
>
>We discussed Twain & guitars in March/April/May 1996 with a 1 April 96 posting
>the info. on how to contact the owner of the guitar in question.  Check the
>archives for the contact info. and maybe you'll be willing to follow up and
>post us on the results.  To my knowledge, no one ever did.
>
>Thanks,
>
>larry marshburne       [log in to unmask]
>
>> I'd be interested in any further information about this guitar or
>> Twain's reputation as a guitarist.

I asked the music dept at Cornell and this is what I got:

In tracking down Sam's guitar playing abilities -- you might be interested
in checking _Mark Twain's Letters, Vol.  4_, 1870-1871_ p. 38 (Univ. of
Cal. Press, 1995). It contains a portion of a newspaper story detailing
Sam's ability to pick and sing. Most biographical references, however, deal
with Twain's piano playing ability.

Hope this helps...info from a website.

David A. Conn
Lecturer/Asst. Director of Wind Ensembles
Cornell University
(607)255-3712
http://www.arts.cornell.edu/music/Ensembles/CUBands/index.html

Jules