From:
John Woram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:38:16 -0400
Thanks Barbara, for posting my inquiry about the (in)famous quote of
"Herodotus" (as claimed my Twain). It definitely sounds like a Twain
original, and definitely sounds like nothing H. himself might have said. But
just on the off-chance that he might have actually said it in some obscure
work, I thought it was worth running past the experts here for comment. I'd
be delighted to hear from anyone who has the definitive word on this.

Thanks,
John Woram